Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oddsmakers give Lazor the best chance to be the head coach
(01-05-2019, 05:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd say a lot of figuring those odds is purely off of Mike Browns reputation. It seems to me with all these interviews stretched out like this they're at least pondering the idea of going in a new direction.

Let's hope anyways

...or they're trying to give the appearance of an exhaustive search before they inevitably unveil Huge Action.

(01-05-2019, 06:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Honestly, yeah. He may make a great coach, but I know very little about him. All that I've read has been positive but the truth is hes got about six years real experience and that's all as positions coaches, with one year as a coordinator. I think he's a hot name right now, but I haven't really seen why.

I'm not saying I want The Chin or anything. I'm fine e with hiring a guy who has never been a hc or even a coordinator. Just one with more notable success.

Fair enough. He's a young guy. Very little experience as a coordinator. Hasn't done much outside of LA. It's far from a home run.

Tbh, the candidates this year just don't seem as enticing as years past, I'll say that.

(01-05-2019, 07:04 PM)Benton Wrote: You know, the more I think about it, I wouldn't be opposed to lazor. I mean, I remember being excited that the guy had worked with some outstanding coaches (Gibbs, holmgrem, etc). And I can't really fault him for the crap show by the defense, not having an ol, etc.

I threw out Lazor's name back when people hardly knew the guy, but I've since soured on him. He hasn't done much to impress me as OC here, and he doesn't seem to have that alpha dog mentality I like to see in a HC. He's more of a quiet, reserved nice guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oddsmakers give Lazor the best chance to be the head coach - Shake n Blake - 01-06-2019, 12:15 PM