Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oddsmakers give Lazor the best chance to be the head coach
(01-06-2019, 12:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, Shake.  I seem to remember most of the board members being overjoyed to learn that Lazor was Alpha enough to apparently have told Paul Alexander to sit down and shut up..

Like I've said in other posts and threads, I'm in no way endorsing Lazor as the HC candidate the Bengals should select, but I don't think that it would be the end of the world if they did pick him.  For all we know, he might have a great team strategy, along with the connections to pull in some awesome coordinators.  As Bengal fans, we always love the new guy, until we discover some flaws about them.  But, in my opinion, the only HC that will be successful with the Bengals, is the one that the management feels comfortable enough with to allow him to run his ship the way he wants to.

Fair point. Maybe he's different privately. I just don't get that vibe off of him. The 2 guys that preceded him were a bit more vocal and stern, publicly.

Fwiw, I will always be thankful to Lazor for the role he played in shedding that anchor.

(01-06-2019, 01:20 PM)Benton Wrote: Probably a bad example, but I guess I thought back to hue. When he was named hc of the raiders and people got upset, I thought they were crazy as I didn't think he'd be good at it (too laid back). But the more I thought about it, the more I thought 'well, who knows.'

Im looking at lazor the same way. Any guy, until they have a shot, we don't really know.

Of course, now we know about hue and some of the other names floated and I'd prefer we stay away from most on this list.

Truest statement I've read all day. You can get a "feeling" off of some of these coaches, but none of us know how it will really turn out. 

I just know that I want someone as far from Marvin as possible after 16 years. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oddsmakers give Lazor the best chance to be the head coach - Shake n Blake - 01-06-2019, 02:02 PM