Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So...where are all the interviews for Marvin Lewis?
(01-06-2019, 02:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't say Bruce Smith "didn't count", but his contribution (16 starts, 9 sacks, 49 tackles) in 2002 fell off big time in 2003 (8 starts, 5 sacks, 22 tackles). Darrell Green only started 4 games, but having a HOF'er as your nickel is a pretty nice luxury, no? Daryl Gardener was a big time player for a 4 year stretch that included that 2002 Skins team. Don't know what happened after that (age, injury?) but that doesn't change the fact that he was a big time player in 2002 and they lost that production in 2003. 

Sam Shade I'll give you. Not the same player in 2002. They did also lose Dan Wilkinson (who I didn't mention) in 2003. Even though he had his worst statistical season under Marvin, having "Big Daddy" in the middle certainly helped. So the d-line went from Bruce Smith/Wilkinson/Gardener in 2002 to a fading Bruce Smith in 2003. 

And say whatever you want about ranking defenses by yards, but if you're really going to judge a defense, there's more to it. That's like judging QB's solely on passing yards. Fun fact: The 2000 Ravens weren't the best defense that year by that stat. Does anyone remember who #1 is?

Sure, just roll with "I'm looking at it objectively". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...where are all the interviews for Marvin Lewis? - bfine32 - 01-06-2019, 02:25 PM