Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
(01-06-2019, 11:12 AM)Fullrock Wrote: This is why I'm saying rebuild. In order to fix the trenches AND get a game changer at LB, they are going to have to be active in free agency, and I'm not talking signing the Bobby Hart's of the world, but actually signing impact players. I just don't think they'll do it because they have never done it. Nor do I think they will go the rebuild route. Instead they will sign a few retreads or players on the downside of their careers and try to fill holes with them and hope a few draft picks can help. The picks of Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Ross have put this team in a deep hole that they've been trying to dig themselves out of since. 

I see your point....and I could go either way, to be honest.  If we stay the course, they'll need a home run FA or two....there is a lot of manuevering room if the proper drops are implemented to the current roster. You have to remember, there are quite a few free agents this upcoming season on our roster. We can shave salary.  Then, they'll need a day 1 impact player at one of the positions of need in the draft.

You couple this with a competent coaching staff, and you may be surprised what they could do.

(01-06-2019, 12:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looking like they're going to have to come up with two (2) starting LBs, as Preston Brown was only on a one year deal, and is currently a free agent.  If Brown returns to full health, I think that he showed enough in limited action this season to warrant offering him another contract.  Otherwise, I think that they'll have to draft one LB high, another later, and secure a stable vet from free agency.

We can all speculate until we're blue in the face, but we really won't have much clue as to what will really happen until the HC position is filled, and weather they allow the new HC to place his own staff or force the existing assistants upon him.  I agree with you though, rebuilding the OL is priority #1 for whomever takes the HC position.

Absolutely....we're just spitballing.

As for Brown, he was hurt in game 1. Played hurt, sat out a few weeks, came back, went on IR. This was the first time in his career he's had issues like this. He's young, and perhaps most importantly, he wants to be here. It's his dream. I thought he was only on a 1 year deal....I'd considered that. Re sign Brown, cut Burfict.  When healthy, he led the NFL in tackles. Is he Jack Lambert? No. He is, however, typically available each week and a smart player. He also did manage to get two more INTs in limited action than our ENTIRE CB crew. He's solid. You need those guys. Keep him, Vigil, and get a playmaker at the other backer via FA or draft.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we should trade Dalton and Green - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-06-2019, 02:54 PM