Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So...where are all the interviews for Marvin Lewis?
(01-06-2019, 02:47 PM)Destro Wrote: You only picked the number that was the highest. There are several defensive rankings and the yards was one. They were still losers and better closing out the season, the year before. They regressed and had pretty good players. As stated before, I live here. I am force fed Ravens and Redskins. He was another laughable Dan Snyder hire. Think Lewis is so great, follow him to his next job. 

How about a cherry pick something: Teams tend to do worse in the year after signing Lewis to a contract, so to solve that, never sign him. 

You still really have no plausible facts to say Marvin Lewis was not a good defensive coach when he coached defense.. you have your personal opinion yes, but factually Pittsburgh (lb coach), Baltimore and Washington did not regress with Marvin as a defensive coach they all improved while he was there... Washington actually did get better in his 1 year and regressed when he left.  Hell as bad as this year was especially with injuries 2nd half of season... I saw a stat on NFL Network that ranked the Bengals 6th in NFL defense over the last part of season that Marvin coached the defense.  

Here is a link to a nice short summary of Lewis as a defensive coach in the league that gives facts about his ability to coach defense.  He might not ever get a Head job again but if he wants to be a Defensive Coach again, I have little doubt he will land a job

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Steelers-may-hire-Marvin-Lewis-to-join-coaching-staff-127088994/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...where are all the interviews for Marvin Lewis? - Essex Johnson - 01-06-2019, 03:06 PM