Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
(01-06-2019, 02:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: I see your point....and I could go either way, to be honest.  If we stay the course, they'll need a home run FA or two....there is a lot of manuevering room if the proper drops are implemented to the current roster. You have to remember, there are quite a few free agents this upcoming season on our roster. We can shave salary.  Then, they'll need a day 1 impact player at one of the positions of need in the draft.

You couple this with a competent coaching staff, and you may be surprised what they could do.

Absolutely....we're just spitballing.

As for Brown, he was hurt in game 1. Played hurt, sat out a few weeks, came back, went on IR. This was the first time in his career he's had issues like this. He's young, and perhaps most importantly, he wants to be here. It's his dream. I thought he was only on a 1 year deal....I'd considered that. Re sign Brown, cut Burfict.  When healthy, he led the NFL in tackles. Is he Jack Lambert? No. He is, however, typically available each week and a smart player. He also did manage to get two more INTs in limited action than our ENTIRE CB crew. He's solid. You need those guys. Keep him, Vigil, and get a playmaker at the other backer via FA or draft.

You're exactly right, a player wanting to be here is a great benefit to the organization.  And, I also agree that it takes more than just superstars to win, you need good talent at your role player positions as well.

I just hope that the Bengals don't discourage Brown from re-signing with a low-ball offer, due to the injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we should trade Dalton and Green - SunsetBengal - 01-06-2019, 03:10 PM