Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
(01-06-2019, 12:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not going to claim that 2nd year players don't emerge every year, because they do.  What I will propose is the idea that maybe those guys were just good football players to begin with, and simply had to wait their turn behind better talent?  I'm not sure that it can be argued that Jefferson is a really good football player who was simply waiting his turn to get into the game.  Did you see the LB crew that the Bengals fielded this season?  They kept putting Hardy Nickerson Jr. out there, and even gave him the helmet radio..

When Marvin assumed the role of DC for the rest of the season;  I wonder if he asked himself why his 3rd round LB, with phenomenal physical attributes, wasn't getting any action during a season that was obviously going nowhere?  

I'm guessing it was mental with Jefferson.  If that's the case, then yes, a year on the bench and in the meeting room could do wonders for the guy.

I also think scheme is extremely important for Jefferson.  Hopefully the new DC is a good fit for him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we should trade Dalton and Green - Hammerstripes - 01-07-2019, 12:59 AM