Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
(01-06-2019, 12:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looking like they're going to have to come up with two (2) starting LBs, as Preston Brown was only on a one year deal, and is currently a free agent.  If Brown returns to full health, I think that he showed enough in limited action this season to warrant offering him another contract.  Otherwise, I think that they'll have to draft one LB high, another later, and secure a stable vet from free agency.

We can all speculate until we're blue in the face, but we really won't have much clue as to what will really happen until the HC position is filled, and weather they allow the new HC to place his own staff or force the existing assistants upon him.  I agree with you though, rebuilding the OL is priority #1 for whomever takes the HC position.

While I agree with this sentiment as a MLB when in base, it seems as though our base defense is rarely utilized.  I also think the traditional MLB that is a run-stuffing plodder is about as useful as a full back now.  Which is to say, not very and we used our DE to contribute in that roll.

Did you happen to see the defense that SD employed against Baltimore?  Three LBs that were all SAFETIES!!! I have never seen that before but it sure worked.  Jackson couldn't outrun them to the edge.  I thought that was a hell of a coaching decision.  

The Bengals need speed at LB.  Real speed.  Like Roquan Smith speed.  And toughness.  And instincts.  I don't think we have anyone with those characteristics, although I think Vigil is the best of what we have.  He needs to be paired with a speedy, tough, instinctive LB like White from LSU.  

They should also see what FA are available that could provide quality depth, as we always seem to lose LBs to injury. 

I think the OL would be close if they could just get a better option at RT and RG.  Maybe Westerman wins the job.  Maybe Redmond improves.  Maybe Hart is replaced with a draft pick.  Regardless, I think a RT and a RG could be available later while a game-changing LB like White would be our round 1 target.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we should trade Dalton and Green - SHRacerX - 01-07-2019, 09:54 AM