Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oddsmakers give Lazor the best chance to be the head coach
(01-05-2019, 08:32 PM)Benton Wrote: I'd disagree. This job is super appealing.

You're out of the super large media hot seats (Dallas, NY, etc), you have the leagues most patient owner, you have only moderate fan goals (win a freaking playoff game and do better than .500 in prinetine) and you've got several quality pieces in each side, including a servible qb.

I wonder how we'd feel if our new HC actually stated in a press conference that he took this job because there is no pressure because the owner and fans have low expectations.  I would get a bitter laugh out of the honest press conferences and post-game banter, that's for sure.

"I didn't come here to win.  No one comes to Cincinnati to win."

"This year was disappointing, but I know I'll be here for at least a decade."

"We won 7 games, to Bengals fans that's like fans of a real team winning 12 or so games."

"Why are you even interviewing me when you know ESPN is only going to print stuff about the Patriots and Cowboys?"

"Sure, it would be nice to have a real GM and a real practice facility, but it would also be nice to have a wife who wasn't so old and ugly...amirite guys?!"

"This team hasn't won a playoff game in like 30 years...all I have to do is beat a 6 seed and then get blown out by a real team and they'll make a statue of me."

"I'd love to look at the tape of the last game, but unless it was filmed on reel-to-reel I won't be able to watch it at our facility."

"Is Dalton a good QB?  Who cares, let's talk about the Jets or something."

"The NFL is rigged against me."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oddsmakers give Lazor the best chance to be the head coach - Nately120 - 01-07-2019, 11:38 AM