Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
(01-07-2019, 12:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's both.  That said, Marv had some pretty damn good rosters that had ZERO answers in the playoffs.  Honest question.....have you ever seen a Marvin Lewis coached team do anything so remotely out of their wheelhouse in any game...let alone a playoff game?  Case in point, this season.  You have a historically bad defense, yet you continually defer when you win the toss.  Why not switch it up and try to gain some momentum by seeing if your offense can march down the field and score?  Instead, we continually watched opponents shred our defense damn near every game on the opening drive.  Playing from behind every week isn't exactly getting off on the right foot.

Look at Philly last year.  Changed their offense up to accommodate Foles....what did we do for Driskel? Mellow

FWIW:  coaching, in my opinion, is a bigger part of success in football than most other sports.

Yea, it is both. But coaches don't call plays for AD to throw an interception. Or he doesn't teach the defense to be the worst D in a LONG time. Maybe, just maybe, we're not as talented as we'd like to think? 

Maybe running more RPO plays for driskel wouldn't of fit with the horrid line? Having them not knowing if it's run or pass sounds like a recipe for a QB death on the field. Maybe Lazor wasn't familiar enough with that sort of offense? Again, I am not sure, but what I do know is they have has the same lack of success as ML has. Everybody wanted him out like the plague, but our darling QB and WR are immune from these sorts of talks because we now want to pin all this on ML? It  has to be 100,000% ML fault is kinda silly IMO. 

We should look to upgrade any position on the team. I don't know why people are so in love with players and not fielding the best possible team to win a SB. I don't give a dam if it's Rudy from ND catching a football, just give me the best players. If it's AJ, great! One less player we have to worry about. I just don't know why people get some defensive when talking about upgrading the TEAM at certain positions. Then throw slights at them because we want to think about all potential options. It's whatever.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we should trade Dalton and Green - Hoofhearted - 01-07-2019, 12:36 PM