Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron
(01-05-2019, 03:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Gimme Bieniemy. I'm also cool with Taylor or Monken.

And I know Bieniemy's biggest thing is about play calls. But, Pederson only called offensive plays in 2015. In 2013-14, Andy Reid was the one calling the shots while Pederson was OC.

Here's an exerpt from an article I read on Bieniemy:
"Jones-Drew said Bieniemy has a knack for managing multiple personality types. And that while he shows players he cares about players as people, he does not sugar-coat the truth.

“One time I was playing the Ravens in Jacksonville and I fumbled three times,” Jones-Drew recalled. “I get a text from him. I had been with him when I was 17 to 20 years old, so the text was ‘Everything is going to be OK.’ But then he added, ‘But this is where you messed up.’ And he detailed everything he saw on television. He doesn’t allow you to slack. He’s been in those situations. To see it on TV and detail it like that. He cares about people. But he also tells you the blunt, honest truth.”...

With the Vikings, he coached Adrian Peterson, who twice led the NFL in rushing. Peterson nicknamed Bieniemy “The Truth.”

...Bieniemy is Reid’s first offensive coordinator who didn’t play quarterback. Reid says Bieniemy is an expert in pass protections and helps Mahomes with that aspect of his game.

Though Bieniemy does not call the Chiefs plays, he’s heavily involved in game-planning and preparation. He also reviews film and then meets with Reid to collaboratively devise a weekly strategy.

“One thing I’ve learned from coach is to always remain flexible,” Bieniemy told ESPN’s Adam Schefter this year. “In order to expand, you always want to stay a step or two ahead of everyone and what they’re thinking around the league. And so, that’s been one thing that I love — the creativity and the conversations that we have, and just the way we study, we approach things, and we piece it together.”"

Nice post - and encouraging since such a large percentage of the board want Bieniemy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals request interviews with Josh McDaniels, Zac Taylor & Shane Waldron - 3wt - 01-07-2019, 02:20 PM
Bengals interviewing Vance Joseph - bjf123 - 01-01-2019, 10:45 PM