Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker Pelosi urges delay of State of the Union address
(01-18-2019, 04:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nice spin.
However, Trump, Pelosi and McConnall should all be spending every waking moment tied together trying to get this resolved, not running off on a week long trip and stalling it.
Honestly I think Trump did her a favor. Had she went he could point out daily how she's not here negotiating and pointing out how she's wasting US Taxpayers money for a trip during the Shutdown.
No issues with letting the others go on the trip, but Pelosi should know better. It was a political stall on her part.

I wonder if Trump has the authority to issue an EO making sure that every member of the House and Senate show up Daily during a Shutdown. Any serious consequences for those that don't. Don't know about you guys, but personally I don't think any of them should be going anywhere during a Shutdown. When they do it's a slap into the face of all Citizens. And yes, I am aware that Trump left on Day 1 or 2, he shouldn't have, but there is a major difference between day 1/2 vs day 27.

Nancy and co (House) has voted and passed many bills to reopen government. Making everything else you say fake news. Her job is done, and the Senate has the exact bill they passed 2 weeks ago. This is falling on Trump and McConnell at this point. That's why you don't see Nancy and Dems getting the blame.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaker Pelosi urges delay of State of the Union address - jj22 - 01-18-2019, 06:31 PM