Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker Pelosi urges delay of State of the Union address
(01-18-2019, 04:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nice spin.
However, Trump, Pelosi and McConnall should all be spending every waking moment tied together trying to get this resolved, not running off on a week long trip and stalling it.
Honestly I think Trump did her a favor. Had she went he could point out daily how she's not here negotiating and pointing out how she's wasting US Taxpayers money for a trip during the Shutdown.
No issues with letting the others go on the trip, but Pelosi should know better. It was a political stall on her part.

I wonder if Trump has the authority to issue an EO making sure that every member of the House and Senate show up Daily during a Shutdown. Any serious consequences for those that don't. Don't know about you guys, but personally I don't think any of them should be going anywhere during a Shutdown. When they do it's a slap into the face of all Citizens. And yes, I am aware that Trump left on Day 1 or 2, he shouldn't have, but there is a major difference between day 1/2 vs day 27.

They tried. Trump said "no wall, no deal" and literally walked away.
There's not much negotiating that can go on when it's 'do what I want or I'll waste more time and money.'

Also, by design, Congress isn't supposed to be subject to punishments by cranky presidents. That's a lot too tyranical. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speaker Pelosi urges delay of State of the Union address - Benton - 01-18-2019, 08:29 PM