Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
(09-22-2015, 10:32 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The only people who would defend him are people who feel the same way about Marvin and the team that he felt.   

You know what, I might actually agree with this.  When I look at the Bengals, like my favorite baseball team, the Cubs, I see an organization I willingly support and love as I would a flawed family member.  Carson is sort of like your crazy cousin's ex-wife; you love your cousin but he's a bit of a pain to be around and you wish it worked out but you can't fault her for stepping away.

I like the Bengals, but I can certainly understand why players might have an issue with the franchise.

Also, Carson was being extremely diplomatic when he blamed the departure on himself and said he was "selfish." Marvin Lewis did Carson wrong and backed down from their agreed upon position in order to save his own job and skin, thus throwing Carson under the bus. I like the Bengals, I have nothing against Marvin nor Carson, but I can certainly understand why they don't like each other. As long as Marvin Lewis is the Bengals coach (which looks like forever) I'll pull for him and defend him, but he isn't the obvious "good guy" in this scenario. Sorry. Both of them could have just said "Who cares, I'm getting rich, keep the status quo" but only Marvin went that route.

Other teams wanted Carson as a starting QB. Marvin as another team's HC? That in 2010 was a much bigger stretch. I don't blame either of them for doing what they did. It's business, it's their lives, and they couldn't work together again and be effective. Good for all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it. - Nately120 - 09-22-2015, 01:17 PM