Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
(01-21-2019, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is where I am at. Who cares? People are searching for much greater "meaning" in this that there really is. It isn't proof of some sort of social decay. It isn't proof of racism. It isn't proof of some sort of larger political agenda. It is simply proof that people have weird confrontations everyday around the country and sometimes they include two groups that can easily be turned into symbols for much bigger things than they really are. 

Actually, expanding on your last statement, I do think the incident is proof of something, starting with the speed with which it is shoehorned into competing narratives.  And if there are shouts of "incest bred" and tomahawk chops, then I would suggest those are proof of some very negative, race-based attitudes in the participants. One could argue that is not news; that doesn't make it ok. It may be that people feel a bit more permission to behave in a racially aggressive manner than they have since the 70s and 80s, though I would not pin that conclusion on one incident.

Anyway, what is 'proved' is that the response on "both sides" does show the degree to which (as you suggest, I think) many people are waiting for incidents such as this, as some kind of final proof of what is bad in the country--the "far left" MSM or Trump's MAGA movement.   Seems like social media especially has enabled this kind of confrontation between sides which include online mobs, each of which produces fodder for the other side.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School - Dill - 01-21-2019, 04:42 PM