Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
(01-21-2019, 05:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe he was looking to make as much of a statement as anyone there. Maybe he didn't want to "back down" to what he felt was aggression from the kids. There are certain standards of personnel space that must be respected by this gentleman. Should the kid have moved? Probably. Maybe he however was standing up to what he felt was an aggression on his personnel space? Everyone can feel slighted if they want to. I tend to lean liberal in most cases but this all feels a little bit like the Native American man here injected himself into the situation to prove a point.

Either way I feel this whole thing is people wanting it to represent whatever they are looking for it to represent. It's just another example of hyper partisan politics taking over everything. It is no different than the title of this very thread. It's not "Left Wing Media" out to ruin Brad's school. It is today's standard media from both sides out to sensationalize events without all of the information in a world where being first to report is more important than being right. 

Quite possible the kid was feeling that way too.  It is possible that he got the MAGA cap because his friends were getting them, a DC trip souvenir, and it's possible that he and some of his friends at least had some understanding they were standing for a movement on racialized terrain.

Let's wait to see if one side works harder to sort this out, settle it down, and try to prevent excess from re-occuring, while the other continues with the black and white, absolutist definitions of what happened.  That might prove something.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School - Dill - 01-21-2019, 05:22 PM