Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Marvin Loyalty Means Whole New Look
(01-24-2019, 12:00 PM)HuDey Wrote: Thank you for offering your view of the situation. I agree that failure to rise is a team wide problem and not solely on the shoulders of Marvin and or Dalton. I also agree that more of the blame for this should be on Marvin as he is ultimately responsible for how his players perform. He has a big hand in which players are on the roster and which ones see the field on Sundays.

Having said that, Andy Dalton as a starting QB is in a high profile position of on-field leadership. His job goes beyond just taking snaps and running plays. He has to be a motivator, he has to inspire his teammates, and he also has to lead by example and promote a sense of urgency between the lines. I think that Dalton has a pretty good physical skill set, but his intangible game is sorely lacking. His playing style is a product of Marvin Lewis era coaching, and for these reasons I feel that he also should share a portion of the blame for the failure to rise issue. These reasons are also why I feel that Dalton is the wrong guy to lead this team into a new culture.

Agree mang
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: No More Marvin Loyalty Means Whole New Look - Socal Bengals fan - 01-24-2019, 12:06 PM