Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell says bill that would make Election Day a federal holiday is a ‘power grab’
(01-31-2019, 11:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I just don't see how someone could be against Gerrymandering and all against measures to prove you live where you say you do. 

Well, I'm not against measures to prove you live where you say you do. That's done in the voter registration process. But Gerrymandering? I know you're trying to be snarky but my question was sincere, so I will respond sincerely. Gerrymandering is a process in which legislators draw districts in manner that causes them to choose their constituents. It can result in districts with widely different needs and concerns. Drawing the most compact districts possible can result in districts that will have their needs better addressed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: McConnell says bill that would make Election Day a federal holiday is a ‘power grab’ - Belsnickel - 01-31-2019, 11:20 AM
RE: McConnell says bill that - bfine32 - 02-04-2019, 03:39 PM