Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell says bill that would make Election Day a federal holiday is a ‘power grab’
(01-31-2019, 11:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, I'm not against measures to prove you live where you say you do. That's done in the voter registration process. But Gerrymandering? I know you're trying to be snarky but my question was sincere, so I will respond sincerely. Gerrymandering is a process in which legislators draw districts in manner that causes them to choose their constituents. It can result in districts with widely different needs and concerns. Drawing the most compact districts possible can result in districts that will have their needs better addressed.

No snark intended (hell, I don't even see how it could be perceived). Without Voter caging you can have voters that never actually lived in a district or has since moved out of that district still voting in that district. So a district could just as easily be "reshaped" by bogus people living in a district as it could with non-parallel lines. 

I don't see how anyone could be opposed to someone having to show they live in a district as the time that cast a vote for that district. I'm also in favor of voter ID laws. So perhaps that's the disconnect.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: McConnell says bill that would make Election Day a federal holiday is a ‘power grab’ - bfine32 - 01-31-2019, 04:31 PM
RE: McConnell says bill that - bfine32 - 02-04-2019, 03:39 PM