Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McConnell says bill that would make Election Day a federal holiday is a ‘power grab’
Step 1: Make a bill that includes multiple things packaged together. One that most people agree on, and then multiple that your side wants but the other side doesn't, knowing in advance that it will never get passed.

Example: We propose to make a bill that stops harvesting organs from orphans, raise my pay, make the other side have to give me their lunch money, and the two people I don't like right now have to wear giant foam poop hats.
- - - - - - - - - -

Step 2: The other side rejects it, and provides some quote pointing out what you are doing.

Example: This is a stupid bill, a foam poop hat? Why would I want that?
- - - - - - - - -

Step 3: Use that quote and spread it all over the internet making it seem like it was said about the one reasonable thing and only the reasonable thing.

Example: Other side turns down plan to protect Orphans from organ harvesting, says "Why would I want that?"
- - - - - - - - -

Step 4: People read the headline, as people do, and spread it online. Outrage ensues.

Example: Did you hear about the other side? They don't want to protect orphans from organ harvesting! Those monsters! Click like and repost, please.
- - - - - - -

Step 5: You.... win? Prepare for Step 1 again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: McConnell says bill that - bfine32 - 02-04-2019, 03:39 PM
RE: McConnell says bill that would make Election Day a federal holiday is a ‘power grab’ - TheLeonardLeap - 01-31-2019, 11:11 PM