Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm thinking we should add another Safety, then use Williams at LB
(02-10-2019, 01:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Urlacher was not 258, when he came into the league.  I believe he was around 220.  But anyway, I was just using him as example of how a guy that played Safety in college can transition to become a great LB in the pros.  In no way was I thinking that taking a 7 year veteran like Williams, and putting him at LB, would be a good idea.  That's my fault, I should have been more clear in my earlier post that I mean drafting a player with Safety experience that could also play LB and not get physically broken in the process.

Believing and knowing are two different things. Google is a powerful research tool. College weight was over 230, combine weight 258. Still ran a 4.59.

Quote:Urlacher, however, had a different attitude about this test. He

had arrived at the combine a chiseled 6'3 3/4", 258 pounds,
nearly 20 pounds more than he weighed for his last college game.
He thought the extra muscle would impress the talent evaluators.
Instead, all he heard were questions about his speed, as if he
had suddenly become Gilbert Brown.

https://www.si.com/vault/2000/05/08/8118767/upwardly-mobile-unheralded-brian-urlacher-of-new-mexico-shot-up-in-size-and-on-the-draft-boardsand-now-hes-in-the-middle-of-the-bears-defensive-plans
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm thinking we should add another Safety, then use Williams at LB - Yojimbo - 02-10-2019, 12:43 PM