Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-11-2019, 08:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Supporting the BDS movement is not the same as saying that the Jews have hypnotized people or that the only reason anyone in Congress supports Israel is because they are bribed to do so.

Of course.  Who says it is?

(02-11-2019, 08:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course you haven't.  Based on your posting history you probably agree with everything they've said.  Sorry, but alluding to old racist tropes about Jews beguiling others or swaying them with money is just as bad as any other racist stereotype.

Based on my posting history--of what, defending universal human rights?--I "probably" agree with antisemitic comments I haven't seen yet?  You are alluding perhaps to the longstanding support for ISIS you have attributed to me?

(02-11-2019, 08:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Supporting the BDS movement is not the same as saying that the Jews have hypnotized people or that the only reason anyone in Congress supports Israel is because they are bribed to do so.

Oddly enough, and I'm sure you won't believe this, I've argued in this very forum, and the old one, long before you started posting in here about this very point.  Criticism of Israel is not inherently antisemitic.  Referring to the Jews using racist stereotypes is.  If you don't see that in her posts, which she continues to produce despite being informed that she comes off as very antisemitic, then you're part of the problem.  It's very apparent to me, blindingly obvious, that Omar is an antisemite. 

Looks like the bolded repeats what I said. Except I wouldn't say accusations of bribery are inherently anti-semitic, nor are accusations that AIPAC lobbies to influence U.S. foreign policy.  Citizens have a right to criticize them for that, just as AIPAC has a right to lobby.

I haven't seen the quotes in question yet--other than a tweet about "Benjamins" which I saw after I read the article.

Saw this just now too. https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1095046561254567937

It appears that what stirred up this conflict was a bill by Marco Rubio which included a section encouraging states to punish companies that boycott Israel by counter-boycotting those companies.  Support for BDS is cast as "antisemitism" as it is claimed BDS is intended to destroy Israel.  Defending their right to criticize/boycott Israel is apparently what has drawn critisism to Omar and Tlaib. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/9/18172826/bds-law-israel-boycott-states-explained
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - Dill - 02-11-2019, 11:13 PM