Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump Wants Drug Makers, Insurers, & Hospitals To Disclose Prices!
(02-13-2019, 07:55 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: One of the nice things for me is that I don't have to deal with much of this at all. We aren't a research university, so the donors/grants we deal with are piddly compared to what the larger research institutions deal with. We have a statewide meeting of finance folks twice a year for the various state schools. My counterparts at UVA, VT, VCU, and GMU have some real bullshit to deal with and hearing them talk about it makes me glad we aren't them. LOL

LOL good points.  VT and GMU I am familiar with, especially GMU.  Think of GMU's recently named--and Koch donor stipulated--Antonin Scalia School of law, which also stipulates conditions for hiring and firing of professors, thus tilting control of that legal/research developmental prerogative away from faculty and towards the Koch Foundation. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/05/us/koch-donors-george-mason.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Wants Drug Makers, Insurers, & Hospitals To Disclose Prices! - Dill - 02-13-2019, 08:14 PM