Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-15-2019, 11:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: Back in 2012 she tweeted "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel." That is not a hidden symbolic meaning, but clearly says that Israel is evil and hypnotizes the world and Allah needs to do something against that.

That she calls out pro-Israel influence groups is another thing (I guess that's right), but again, she shouldn't use the term "Benjamin's baby" when doing so.
To her credit, she apologized for that. But combined with the 2012 tweet, I wouldn't go as far as to say she meant nothing remotely anti-semitic.

Omar condemns "evil doings" of Israel, as do I.  I think it's just factually wrong to claim Israel has "hypnotized the world" since most of the world supports, for example, UN Security Council Resolutions 242 and (more recenlty) 2334.  But I don't find it plainly anti-semitic. But I can understand why a Palestinian might think so, since Israel still occupies the West Bank and controls Gaza, despite what the world thinks.

"It's all about the Benjamin's" means that campaign money explains the Israel lobby's success in the U.S.  As at least one such lobbyist has confirmed.  it is curious that when a Palestinian makes this money comment, a storm is raised by the party which frequently avails itself of imagery connecting Jewish people to money. 

What do you make of all these Republican party adds? No unapologetic president calling for THEM to step down.

Nazi posters of Jews often represented them in a greenish or yellowish hue. Check out this poster of Josh Lowenthal created by Republican and CA assemblymanTyler Diep last year. Hence I have rather a problem with the first image, not so much the second.

[Image: la-1541107800-wi2atstaon-snap-image]
The Washington State Republican Party used this campaign add about
[Image: ZZIEADQ3MNGEZNPCI532Z4JZXA.jpg]

There's a bunch more where I got those.  
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/06/republicans-attack-jewish-candidates-across-us-with-an-age-old-caricature-fistfuls-cash/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.7320c0320ba8

Nottawhatabout question--could Omar's status as a Muslim of Palestinian heritage, who is likely to contest a Republican sponsored bill which would punish those who boycott Israel, have something to do with the sudden storm of outrage about anti-semitism?  Could that be why the storm comes down on her as it has not on these other individuals? 

Note bene: on second thought, there is kind of a yellowish hue on the second ad. Here's another example too.
[Image: MP4PIIG4RMI6RC5MX7QB7TODUY.jpg]

?? this guy was against cuts to Medicare? Jeezus, get your selfish greedy stereotypes straight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - Dill - 02-16-2019, 12:18 AM