Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-16-2019, 12:18 AM)Dill Wrote: Omar condemns "evil doings" of Israel, as do I.  I think it's just factually wrong to claim Israel has "hypnotized the world" since most of the world supports, for example, UN Security Council Resolutions 242 and (more recenlty) 2334.  But I don't find it plainly anti-semitic.

Many followers will have a different (meaning: more plainly anti-semitic) take and she knows it.

(02-16-2019, 12:18 AM)Dill Wrote: "It's all about the Benjamin's" means that campaign money explains the Israel lobby's success in the U.S.

Sure, but the term still is pretty specific. Benjamin, sounds pretty Jewish. That's a certain type of money source that is addressed there, in a bit derogatory fashion.
I think an apology is good enough on that one, but for me there's a flavor. Admittedly, I think someone Islamic needs to be extra careful on that topic.

(02-16-2019, 12:18 AM)Dill Wrote: What do you make of all these Republican party adds? No unapologetic president calling for THEM to step down.

Well, that is whataboutism.
Secondly, most of these folks are way "worse", sure, all those sycophants that support Trump through this emergency travesty have no honor. And they support someone quite racist (though I wouldn't say anti-semitic, specifically), and this was obvious as soon as Trump claimed that judge with the Spanish name can't possibly judge him fairly. And encouraged a crowd to boo said judge on the grounds of said Mexican sounding name. All that held their nose through this and many other instances and stood silent are at moral fault.
Still, whataboutism.

And I'm certain the further right parts of the republican party have some shady spots here and there. As for Trump being anti-semitic, I do not see it really. He's of course unbearably ignorant and indifferent towards the topic and takes support from Nazis without a frown. But I did not see him slur a Jewish person and he was quite nice to Jews worldwide when giving the embassy to Jerusalem.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - hollodero - 02-16-2019, 01:01 AM