Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida sixth-grader charged with misdemeanor after refusing to recite Pledge
(02-18-2019, 04:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I would agree.  I would also ask what they mean by "arrest".  If they cited him for violating the law and then released him to his mother that would be radically different then taking him to the police station and going through the detained booking process.  In general I'm not a fan of school aged kids being charged with crimes for things that are normal for their age.

(02-18-2019, 05:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is why I've tried to refer to it as detained. Our biases will mold our views on what is meant by arrest. But some are already using terms such as handcuffed and dragged out; even though the article states he walked out of the classroom

I don't see what difference it makes if he was arrested or cited.  That is not why this story is a big deal.  Kids in schools get arrested every day.  

The reason this is a newsworthy story is that a teacher violated his rights by attempting to force him to say the pledge against his will. That is what started all the trouble to begin with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florida sixth-grader charged with misdemeanor after refusing to recite Pledge - fredtoast - 02-18-2019, 05:56 PM