Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
(09-24-2015, 04:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Personally... and this is all speculation.... I think Palmer leaving hurt Mike Brown emotionally. He wanted to know why. He wanted to know what he was doing that forced his prize player away from him. I think through this entire process he realized that he had too much control over the team. How he was running the team hadn't been working, so he had two choices.

1) Fire Marvin, hire a new coach, and keep on the same path, hoping for different results.
2) Consult with Marvin on how to fix the situation..... what WAS the problem?

Marvin, being experienced as he is, decided, look, here are things we need to change to make our players happier here, and to improve the outlook of this team. Things have been different since then certainly. The team has gotten better, and situations like JJo and CPalmer seem to be things of the past. They gave more control to individuals like Katie Blackburn who have done a stern job of getting contracts signed for a decent price and in a timely manner. Something that hasn't always been done efficiently in the past, from my knowledge.

Now again, after 4 years of getting to the playoffs and not reaching the goal, Mike Brown & Marvin have realized again they need to change things. Much like Coughlin in NY, I think Marvin has lightened up a little. I think he has changed his philosophy a little bit (much like coughlin did before the superbowl) in the hopes of getting us over the hump. Marvin says he evaluated himself 4 years ago, and has done so again before this season. Hopefully this reevaluation Is the one that turns the Bengals into a powerhouse.

This could all be hypothetical bullshit, or it could be what has happened behind doors. The main point being, Mike Brown was hurt by Carson Palmer, and things have changed since then.

Are you really going to attribute the change to Carson leaving?  The most noticeable change is we have drafted and signed better players.  If Carson helped in any way, it was by the team getting an extra 1st and 2nd round picks for his trade.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it. - WhoDeyWho - 09-24-2015, 04:35 PM