Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you take for Marvin jones.
(09-24-2015, 12:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep Marvin, entertain offers on AJ Green.

We need both...AND MORE.....due to nobody ever getting open in the play-offs....we may have started 2-0, but 2-0 is not play-off wins.........We need AJ Green, Jones, Sanu, Eifert to play big in the season and come up big in the play-offs. We have seen that you need many receivers that can get open in the play-offs because the play-off defenses are there because hey are good and have shut down Dalton to Green because nobody else has been getting separation to make plays. 

I would not trade Jones for a 2nd round or a 1st round.  Jones has speed and rare talent, and we need as many quality receivers as we can have to get back to the Super Bowl.  We once traded Paul Robinson in a trade and got Charlie Joiner, which was good. We later traded Charlie Joiner for Coy Bacon, and although Bacon had a good season, his career was near an end. Joiner's career went much longer and we could have used the Hall of Fame WR with Issac Curtis and in 1981 adding Collinsworth.

So I wouldn't take anything for Jones because I wouldn't trade him...or Green....or Eifert....or Sanu....or Hewitt....or Burkhead....or any of our passing targets ....We need all of them if we are entertaining any thoughts of play-off wins and Super Bowl. ....After the 1990's Bungles I no longer live for Draft Day. I hope the Bengals win it all and end up drafting 32nd in round 1. You don't play for the draft, you play for the Super Bowl.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you take for Marvin jones. - kevin - 09-24-2015, 07:09 PM