Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it.
(09-25-2015, 09:29 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I have long since gotten over Carson.  Wasn't so hard to do considering the 4 winning seasons since his departure.  Something that never occurred when he played here.  On the other hand, on these boards I have to deal with what appears to be some self-loathing fans who go out of their way to defend guys who quit on the team, while bashing those who stayed around and made things better.  

It comes as no surprise those who would come to his defense.  

Listen, I'd probably be a crybaby like you and the others that constantly have to call him a quitter if the Bengals have been terrible over the last 4 years. I'd more than likely be right with you.

BUT

I was a huge fan of Palmer when he was in Cincinnati, and he never did anything to directly hurt my feelings. I was initially mad that one of my favorite players left the team, but I also respected where he was coming from, as I did with Jonathan Joseph and the others before them. I always liked Carson as a QB, so the fact that we've been competitive with a new QB and improved team just makes it so easy for me to love the Bengals while still rooting for Carson to succeed except when he plays against our team. What's such a big deal about that? Obviously something, or else you wouldn't STILL be going on and on and on about this.

You can keep claiming you've forgotten and that you don't care, but you wouldn't remain in this discussion if you were being honest about that. You care. Carson hurt you deeply. They should make a local hotline for that with all of the butthurt surrounding Palmer on these boards and in the city of Cincinnati in general.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not a word about the Bengals.....and I like it. - djs7685 - 09-25-2015, 09:44 AM