Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
College Admissions Cheating Racket
(03-14-2019, 10:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: As someone who proctors SAT's, I can tell you that it would be incredibly easy for a site coordinator to fix scores. They have access to the test ahead of time and access to the completed tests afterwards.

ETS (they run the SAT) should have had red flags going up over a Florida based test coordinator traveling to California to administer a test.

This leads us into the discussion of the for profit education and the push for college. It makes nearly twice as much a year as the NFL. We over test and then we over pay for these shitty tests. Then we tell kids that all that matters at the end is one more final shitty test to get into college.

Of course, for someone like Aunt Becky's shitty kid and her shitty youtube channel, college becomes a necessity to sell herself online. It can't be some basic af state college that will take her shitty scores, it has to be somewhere marketable.

Our daughter didn't go to college.  She got her certificate at the tech school with her high school and got a job.  Our son will go in two years, but he has opted for the local campus to save money on travel and room & board.  But he isn't stressing about it.  He knows he will get the education he needs for his career path.

Long ago I told them both that college isn't for everyone and that a skill can be better.  I also told them they didn't have to be number one in their class and involved to the gills to get into a good college but that I would rather they learned something and tried their best and did things they enjoyed in high school rather than kill themselves over it.  One of the few things they listened to me about!   Smirk

That some colleges now(I graduated almost 30 years ago) are this ridiculous to even apply for is sad to me.  I didn't even need my SAT to get in back then.  the school I applied to (I applied to the one school I wanted to go to) only looked at SATs if they have an overload of applicants.  I took it anyway, but even that I didn't go to the training classes and all that crap.  I suppose higher education is just ANOTHER aspect of American society that has gotten out of hand due to the money to be made by some.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
College Admissions Cheating Racket - Dill - 03-13-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: College Admissions Cheating Racket - GMDino - 03-14-2019, 10:19 AM