Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
College Admissions Cheating Racket
(03-14-2019, 04:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-college-admissions-fraud-corruption-list-20190312-story.html?fbclid=IwAR2SXYSPivBdqE-SvazRn2_-xSAGaTtXjdvpPTMgQ97uPaOkLNQvQvKD4fg

[url=https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-college-admissions-scale-elite-schools-20190312-story.html]

Seems the celebrity names got the press but they were the only two or three that had name recognition.  Lots of CEO's and business owners too.

They are really going after these people.  I have a hard time seeing how these people avoid custodial time.

(03-14-2019, 04:29 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: When I was enlisted, I met a SFC. He was a Vietnam vet. More than that, he was a black man from Mississippi who grew up in the segregated South during the 50's and 60's. When he enlisted, he took the ASVAB and got an exceedingly low ASVAB score. Obviously, this didn't hurt his advancement: he put in his time, kept himself straight and advanced through the ranks (kudos to the Army).

Of course, some punk admin dude looking through the guy's files decided to broadcast the old ASVAB scores to everyone in the unit and the rumor went rampant that the sergeant was "functionally ********". The guys would sit around laughing and making jokes behind this guy's back. Sometimes they would be belligerent and challenge the guy when he told them to do stuff. To his credit, he went about his daily duties regardless. If they were belligerent, he made them back down and do what they were supposed to do without holding a personal grudge.

The behavior pissed me off, though. I knew this guy and talked with him a few times. He was not stupid or ignorant. Some people really suck.

Some people don't test well, it has nothing to do with their basic intelligence.  I've said this before, some of the dumbest people I've ever met had law degrees from USC and Stanford.  Being a good student/test taker does not automatically mean you are intelligent.

Messages In This Thread
College Admissions Cheating Racket - Dill - 03-13-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: College Admissions Cheating Racket - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-14-2019, 07:35 PM