Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle finger protected by the constitution
(03-15-2019, 09:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't know the answer to that.  I assume they can say they're going to write a lesser ticket and change their mind before its given to the driver. 

Clearly he was wrong to give her a speeding ticket for giving him the finger.  There's probably another law he could say she broke doing that.

But the basic concept of they can't decided you get another ticket for something else just because you exercised your 1A rights is interesting. 

Yeah that seems to muddy the waters a little though.  I mean if she actually did speed is he really violating her rights?  But let's say her name was Lopez, and he gave her the first ticket, and then realized hey wait she's Latino and pulled her over again that would certainly be a no no if it could be proved.  So if that's protected, why not 1A?  Fred may be able to shed some light.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Middle finger protected by the constitution - michaelsean - 03-15-2019, 09:39 AM