Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(03-15-2019, 06:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Eh, no.  I do recall Steve King being relieved of his committee positions due to his unacceptable comments.  Whether you think that was timely or not, it was done.  You and Fred seem to view that as a zero sum situation in which one person has to be right and the other wrong.  In my opinion the whole thing was political theatre designed to distract from Omar's bigoted comments.  You apparently disagree, which is fine. But effusing to vote for it because you view it as political theatre is not analogous to voting against bigotry.

I think the GOP has a recent history of trying to downplay racist/sexist/other 'ist' comments by members... and then freaking out when a Democrat speaks out against the US's relationship with Israel.  I will note that some members of the party have called out other members of their party for out of line comments and actions... but (of course there would be one) not a consistently as they've been calling out the Muslim woman.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - Benton - 03-15-2019, 06:26 PM