Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques
(03-18-2019, 09:38 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't think Marx ever took time to describe what a state should look like, since his ultimate goal was a rather libertarian/anarchist disappearance of the state altogether. The only (quasi) state form he praised (that I can think of) was the short-lived Paris Commune. That was in his Critique of the Gotha Program, the German Social Democrats "reformist" platform in 1875.

What people currently criticize as communism is usually a Marxist-leninist or Stalinist state, with its one-party rule and bureaucratized control of the economy.

I'm aware, but that's still ideological communism. Both capitalism and communism, ideologically speaking, rely on little to no state. They rely on power solely in the hands of the people. I know most people are usually criticizing corrupted, applied attempts at communism when they are criticizing communism, but that is not the ideal version of communism. It's not the ideology.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: White Supremecists Slay 49 in NZ Mosques - Belsnickel - 03-19-2019, 08:25 AM