Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some of it really is just bad luck.
(03-19-2019, 05:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know the Bengals are not the best ran team in the league, but some of our problems really do seem to be bad luck.  Some years we seem to have a lot of injuries, but I have looked at the numbers around the league for a few years and the Bengals, on average, don't get injured a lot more than most other teams.  But we have lost two of our best players over the last decade to injury.

Based on just watching players I would say that we have only had 5 "elite" players over the last decade.  Green, Atkins, Whitworth, Burfict, and Eifert.  We only got 1 full elite season out of Eifert and 2 out of Burfict.  That is almost half of our elite players with their careers ruined by injury.

That is tough for a team as thin as the Bengals.

Bengals only having 5 elite players over the last decade could very well be caused by the not the best ran team in the league part of your opening sentence rather than the bad luck part of it.

The thin team is a product of the front office. Pretty much the only job of the player personnel department and scouts is to bring in the best possible talent the team can afford.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some of it really is just bad luck. - BengalChris - 03-19-2019, 09:21 PM