Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Our Legal System (and what money can buy)
(03-20-2019, 10:57 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: First of all, do we know that these girls were underage?  Secondly, did Kraft know they were underage?  If he did not could he have reasonably expected that they were of legal age?  If a guy meets a girl at a bar at which you must present ID to enter and ends up sleeping with her, did he commit a crime if she turns out to be underage?  These are important questions as criminal intent is a key component of committing a crime. 

Wait, are you now accusing Kraft of engaging in trafficking?  I rather think they people who were trafficking these girls are facing considerably more than a misdemeanor charge.

It seems to me that your anger here is misplaced.  Maybe give the facts of this case another look and perhaps you'll feel better afterwards?

I think it's like illegal immigration. No one will push to punish the companies for hiring them (penalties etc). If they did then their wouldn't be jobs for them to work once they illegally get here, and that would lead to a significant cut to illegal immigration. But anytime that is brought up people make excuses to continue to allow companies (like Trumps) to hire them.

If you want to stop trafficking you can't just slap the hands of those who partake in the services of these girls. End the demand, end the issue.

Not knowing the girl was underage has never been a legit legal excuse for those accused.

Try sleeping with a 15 year old and claiming you didn't know she was underage, and let me know how that works for you (it won't. Unless you are a millionaire I guess)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our Legal System (and what money can buy) - jj22 - 03-20-2019, 12:27 PM