Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals hosting DE- Kerry Wynn and S- Curtis Riley
(03-22-2019, 12:39 AM)Joelist Wrote: I find PFF rankings hard to take seriously - just too many times where their ratings and what I see with my eyes disagree.

Again, since they made the switch to their stupid new grading system, that is completely subjective and doesn't tell you anything, other than, "we think this guy is better than that guy," their grades and grading have just been so poor and not worth it.

Not to mention, in the old days, they had actual football enthusiasts doing the grading and the watching, not to mention that the game would have to be viewed twice before grades and the other numbers, were to be posted.

Now they have a bunch of guys that were brought in by NBC or whomever owns it and injected money into it, who are NOT football enthusiasts and have cheapened everything, while jacking up the price.

I repeat; saying someone has a grade off 55 is, "bad," means absolutely nothing; are they starting from 0? Are they starting from 50? What is the qualitative aspect of that 55? So there are 40 guys better than the guy with 55, but why is that? If their numbers don't mesh, does that mean they were worse in what way?

The old grading and stats system, had qualitative aspects to it, that made it VERY easy to understand and the grades actually made sense, ending off with a cumulative total at the end of the game/season/etc., that made it loud and clear, who was good and why they were ranked that way.

I hate when people, "fix," something that isn't broken...

(03-22-2019, 09:43 AM)Benton Wrote: Holy crap, frostee is still playing? Do they let him take his walker to the line?

Same class as Peko, Whitworth, Joseph. That was a good draft for us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DE- Kerry Wynn visiting - McC - 03-21-2019, 05:53 PM
RE: DE- Kerry Wynn visiting - jj22 - 03-21-2019, 05:58 PM
RE: DE- Kerry Wynn visiting - McC - 03-21-2019, 06:00 PM
RE: DE- Kerry Wynn visiting - jj22 - 03-21-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: DE- Kerry Wynn visiting - McC - 03-21-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: DE- Kerry Wynn visiting - bengaloo - 03-21-2019, 06:47 PM
RE: Bengals hosting DE- Kerry Wynn and S- Curtis Riley - Truck_1_0_1_ - 03-22-2019, 10:06 AM