Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What can Bengals do now to make fans happy about 2019 offseason?
(03-22-2019, 01:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He was a 10 sack guy one time in his rookie season. That was it. His sack totals have gradually been declining as he ages, it seems. Don't forget that the guy is 31 years old. I've never personally seen the guy's effort questioned. The sack totals have just declined as he ages and he got a bad rep because the Dolphins gave him a mega contract that was almost impossible to live up to.

All this said, he's still one of the 10 (maybe 5) most disruptive DT's in the game. Just last year he posted 4.5 sacks, 19 QB hits and 4 tipped passes. I mainly object to saying he's overrated or he doesn't show up in big games. The numbers say otherwise. I don't know much about his locker room presence, but I don't recall him ever being ripped by his own teammates. 

To the bolded, I don't know what you mean. 

First 11 games: 34 tackles - 3.5 sacks - 12 QB hits
Last 5 games: 25 tackles - 1 sack - 7 QB hits

I'm not seeing a huge discrepancy there. 

It is a steady, solid performance all year but hardly worth what he is commanding.  He just seemed to play with more urgency the last quarter of the season.  Remember, he played next to Aaron Donald and got a lot of one on one matchups.  And he wants something like 13 million a year?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What can Bengals do now to make fans happy about 2019 offseason? - SHRacerX - 03-23-2019, 08:28 AM