Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What can Bengals do now to make fans happy about 2019 offseason?
(03-27-2019, 09:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Let's face it, the Bengals FO led by MB, Katie and Tobin are not out of the box thinkers. Most they do is traditional whether it be structuring contracts (good thing), signing free agents (primarily build through draft) or trades of any nature.

I see zero creative thinking, they play it safe. If they could point to their methods working (for us and not other teams) consistently fans would trust their decisions and way of doing business. But their track record sucks, thus the opinion of them by most fans is they suck.

Wow. I saw your name and thought you'd attack me for what I said. You're totally 100% spot on though. Call it old fashioned, call it lazy, I just know it's BORING. Even bad teams like the Browns (etc) have made changes and occasionally gone after some guys in free agency. It gives fans something to talk about and hope for, at the very least.

And even if they're failing, at least it looks like they're trying. Being proactive and all that. We've failed AND been very boring in the process.

(03-27-2019, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think trading up would be bad at least in round 1 this year...  We need players  and we don't need to give up round 2-4 picks to move up or next years round 1-3 etc...    If anything move back a few spots if who we want is already gone and grab another day 2 pick with our later round 1.

Actually, I agree with ya about round one. I'd only trade up there if there was a can't miss QB, and I'm not really impressed with this QB class. Honestly, it's not even about team needs for me (with the trading up). I'm just looking for some signs that this FO is willing to change their old methods. They were/are as much to blame for our failures as Marvin Lewis. Probably more so.

So just ditching Merv and keeping up the same old ways ain't gonna cut it. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What can Bengals do now to make fans happy about 2019 offseason? - Shake n Blake - 03-29-2019, 12:51 AM