Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy DeVos: Deep cuts to Special Olympics, student programs are warranted
(03-29-2019, 10:35 AM)Beaker Wrote: I look at it differently. I see that a decision was made, the public didn't care for the decision and let it be known, and the decision makes then changed the decision due to pressure from the public. In a representative democracy, not all decisions made will be smart ones. The fact that we were able to get a bad one changed is a good thing. I still question why the Special Olympics is funded via the department of education. Gotta be some other avenue for funding that would make more sense....and take it out of DeVoss' idiotic hands.

Like I said if someone wants to give Trump credit for the doing a "good thing" by changing what he wanted to do in the first place the bar is REALLY low for "good things" in this administration.

If someone kills ten people but gets talked out of killing #11 that is a good thing (that #11 didn't get killed) but I still hold them responsible for the first 10 murders since they shouldn't have killed them in the first place.

Note: I am not comparing the budget to murder. I'm making an analogy about how someone repeatedly doing bad things doesn't suddenly make it all better by doing one good thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Betsy DeVos: Deep cuts to Special Olympics, student programs are warranted - GMDino - 03-29-2019, 12:21 PM