Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So much for "it's a manufactured crisis"..
(04-01-2019, 10:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Depends, I guess? We should want fewer people crossing, which would mean less apprehensions, but we want to apprehend them all.

I was suggesting that the numbers themselves have been inflated in the last few months to give the impression of a more serious problem. My assumption is that the Trump administration is adding legal asylum seekers who report to ports of entries into the mix. Given the exponential drop in apprehensions after the Bush and Obama boost to the total number of border agents, it seems suspicious that apprehensions would more than double immediately after the crisis was declared, bordering on levels we haven't seen since Bush's first term (prior to the border reforms). 

We can guess all we want, but bottom line: More apprehensions at the border is a good thing. I would be opposed to including any asylum seekers that reported to points of entry prior to crossing illegally, but if they cross illegally and then report; they absolutely should be included.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So much for "it's a manufactured crisis".. - bfine32 - 04-01-2019, 11:51 PM