Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-26-2015, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn, I'd be curious to see the liberal POV on that.

Triple screening and genetic amniocentesis are currently available to test for chromosomal abnormalities like Down Syndrome and birth defects like neural tube defects.  Parents can be faced with the difficult decision about whether to continue the pregnancy.  What is the liberal point of view on that?

Amniocentesis is not without risk and can result in miscarriage.  It is only performed in mothers with a high risk of birth defects, genetic abnormalities, or when the results my impact the management of the pregnancy.  Sexual orientation is none of those things.  Testing for sexual orientation would be like testing for your baby's eye color.  The risks would out weigh the benefits and I highly doubt such a test would be offered.

Furthermore, the majority of people who oppose homosexuality also oppose abortion mainly for religious reasons.  So what would be the lesser sin, aborting a fetus or raising a child you know will be homosexual?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-26-2015, 08:45 PM