Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(04-17-2019, 09:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: "okay with it"? Well, she didn't call them "the enemy of the people" but I'm still not in favor of it.  Even Obama didn't say for people to stop believing Fox news...he just said they were biased.  I am "okay" with an elected official (or anyone) pointing out that a business did something in poor taste (their personal opinion).

But as Benton pointed out you changed boycott to ban which has a different connotation.  "Banning" brings to mind images of forced closed down, book burning, etc. 

What did you think of the front page in question? (Free speech/freedom of the press aside).  Was it in poor taste?

An actual reasoned response and I changed it to boycotting. The difference in the 2 words meant far less to me than most. Hell you go to dictionary.com and look for synonyms for ban and tell me the first word that appears. https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/ban?s=t . Of course Benton changed advocating to calling for. But semantics often get in the way of things.

I think the front page was in poor taste and have 0 problem with private citizens calling for a boycott; I'm a free-market kind of guy. Turning the tragedy into a political tool is as bad as Omar trivializing the event
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution. - bfine32 - 04-17-2019, 01:48 PM