Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 3 names you don't want to hear at 11
(04-22-2019, 07:40 AM)OSUfan Wrote: So you are good with LBs that are poor tacklers and that have not actually been tested in coverage duties? LMAO.

Jawaan Taylor is a day 1 starter and will be a top tier RT for the next 10 years. He is a Willie Anderson with better athleticism. Frankly, there are even second and third round OTs that are going to be day 1 starters. To say otherwise is either just foolish or simply making a statement to try and back your point.

Jawaan has good hands, he's strong and from what I've seen he's smart, but if he played anymore vertical, he'd be starting for the Boston Celtics. 

Jawaan has the physical tools to be a starting tackle in a couple seasons, but he's used to using his strength to push around college players. It's going to take a season to get him to play with his pads lower and not lose his ability to track defensive players.

I'm hoping the rumors are true and the Jags reach for him. I'd like to have him at the end of the first, but not a high pick.

That's why I like Ford more. Less experience if I remember right, but Ford plays lower when he's plowing. I think some teams are looking him more as a guard because of his problem squaring up, but who knows.

Anyway, yeah, I'd rather have a linebacker or defensive lineman as we need both of those and there's some good prospects likely to still be on the board. That's what makes the draft fun. You ask a dozen guys about a position and you'll get a dozen different answers. Mine is that LB/DL looks good at 11.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 3 names you don't want to hear at 11 - Benton - 04-22-2019, 01:43 PM