Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terminated Allegedly White Nationalist Cop Sues Department
(04-22-2019, 03:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it's not that simple; that's why I said any self-association with him as a LEO in the social media should not be allowed.

FWIW, in a twisted way I may have more respect for the LEO that publicly admits his bias. 

I think the big problem there is that say you have this person taking part in a police involved shooting with a person of color. They may not have identified themselves as an officer, may not have put their workplace on their account, all that. But now there will be people doing an internet search on the name. People will find it and connect the dots which will then put the police department in a tough spot because here is this expressed ideology which changes the perception of the incident.

Right or wrong, whether or not they identify themselves as police on their social media presence really only changes the timing. If they reveal it, then you know up front. If they don't, then there is a potential bigger issue if an incident occurs involving the officer that could result in a larger backlash.

Definitely an interesting thing to think about.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Terminated Allegedly White Nationalist Cop Sues Department - Belsnickel - 04-22-2019, 03:07 PM