Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-26-2019, 11:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: My take so far, for whatever the hell it's worth  Mellow ...

Rd 1 - Bengals got the most complete offensive lineman in the draft, and in the process instantly made the line and the offense better.

Rd 2 - I would guess that Taylor wanted to make sure he got Sample because he's a perfect fit for what he wants to do with this offense and how important the run game and play action pass will be. Getting a guy who is possibly the best inline blocking TE in the draft, and at least a dependable short range receiver, solidifies a needed piece in Taylor's system. I agree he should of probably went at least a round later, but if he winds up being what I suspect he will be, it won't really matter that he was picked a round or two before he should've been.

Rd 3 - They addressed a huge need at LB with a guy, who even though he has some rawness and needs some refining, brings coverage skills that we desperately need and holds his own in the run game, while bringing a nice combination of overall athleticism and ability to keep getting better.

Overall, I'm pretty damn happy how it's played out so far.

Spot on!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - sandwedge - 04-27-2019, 12:06 AM