Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Rep. Hagedorn Falsely Claims No American Goes to Sleep Hungry
(05-01-2019, 09:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Fred said “anyone” which is who and what I answered.

That aside,Snap only pays 60% of projected food costs. If you have teenagers, or can’t make up the other roughly 40% of foo expenses then people can still go hungry. It’s less of an issue during the school year but in the summer there can be issues because getting access to the free lunch/breakfast programs are more difficult.

For example the MAX monthly SNAP benefits for a family of 3 is $500 a month. That isn’t a lot for an entire month.

Depends on what you buy. Now I’m not saying I would look forward to it, but you can buy a lot of potatoes, eggs and vegetables for not a lot of money. Not something I would enjoy, but it would beat being hungry or worried about being hungry. Also store brand bread, peanut butter and milk. There is a lot of inexpensive food if going hungry is a real possibility.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minnesota Rep. Hagedorn Falsely Claims No American Goes to Sleep Hungry - michaelsean - 05-01-2019, 10:02 PM