Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return teams and coverage under Marvin
(05-07-2019, 04:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Erickson..."so coach if theres a lane to run through
I run toward the goalposts?"

Coach "yes Alex"

Erickson "oh ok...I just thought it was ok to run toward the cheerleaders or the kicking net!"

Coach..".No Alex ithe object is to run toward the goalposts....north and south"

I thinlk Erickson lacks explosion and his hips are stiff.
look hes a feel good story. undrafted kid from Americas heartland.
works hard.
but he was one of Marv's teachers pets.
its time to upgrade the return games and 4th WR spot.
I think Morgan Jr can be a darkhorse

Ridiculous

There is currently nothing wrong with the WRs. The routes that were drawn up the last 5 years or so didn't involve drag routes or crossing routes and that puts both QB and receiver at a disadvantage.

AJ Green and Boyd are going to get most of the snaps
Ross now has an offensive minded HC, let's see what ZT and company can come up for him.
Core had a couple of drops, deal with it. He started games as a rookie when called upon and while he didn't tear it up, he didn't suck either. Plays well on ST.
Erickson is tough and decisive. That is often far more important to a PR than burner speed. Patrick Robinson was one of the fastest Bengals that I've ever seen but he was stupid and, trying to show off his speed, ran past his blockers before they could engage their defenders.
Malone has enough talent to play in this league and the Bengals know this. Better than most of the receivers in this last draft.
Tate impressed enough that maybe they felt that after the 4th round, there wasn't anyone available to push a WR off of this roster.
Hunter Sharp is on his 4th team in 2 plus years(Denver, NY Giants, Pittsburgh). Started a game for the Giants in 2017 and caught 5 passes including one for a TD.

Not an all world roster, but other important areas needed to be addressed and by the time that the late round picks came up, T Williams, Davis, Anderson and Brown were much more talented players than the remaining WRs. Unless he has a breakout year, this will most likely be Erickson's last year in Cincinnati
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Return teams and coverage under Marvin - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 05-07-2019, 06:10 PM