Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue
(05-07-2019, 02:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wanna do Xmas with you this year.  You get me some socks for Xmas.  I get you some socks for Xmas.  I keep the socks you give me.  I keep the socks I give you.  Yeah . . .

Equal rights in Alabama?  The same state that refuses to recognize the separation of church and state? Where Roy Moore refused to follow court orders to take down a Ten Commandment display in a courthouse?  Or refused to recognize federal court orders regarding marriage equality?  Without even getting into the whole civil rights debate.

This is not about equality any more than The War Between the States was about state's rights.  This is about another effort by conservative Christians in the Bible belt to chip away at Roe vs. Wade to legislate their religious beliefs upon others.  Period.

The religious angle is completely relevant because conservative Christian ideology is the basis for why this is happening in Alabama and why the governor of Georgia just signed a new abortion bill into law.  If Christians want to follow the Bible, then let's follow the Bible.  And in this case, since the woman involved isn't a virgin we have to stone her to death IAW the Bible.

I'm providing examples of virgin birth mythologies and why Christians shouldn't legislate their religion anymore than the ancient Egyptians.

Sure you can have the socks back after I'm gonna beat the hell out of them first

The rest is just more condemnation of religion and I asked you take up with someone making their stance on that merit. I still see you trying to draw feeble correlation the the unrelated bible verse you cited. "A" for effort.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue - bfine32 - 05-07-2019, 06:21 PM