Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue
(05-20-2019, 01:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've never said he's a great moral leader; I just suggested his current stance on abortion is rational. Especially given all the movements aroung the country. You could argue that the current stance is not rational so you went with all that.
I'm sure it has a lot to do with 2020. If memory serves are former POTUS changed his stance on SSM and was applauded. I wonder if he read the book, to which, you refer. 

No doubt it's all about the election.

But to compare Obama to Trump on thoughtful changing of stances is a bit disingenuous.

Trump has a history and record of simply lying and making things up.  Period.  If he thought he'd get more votes being for a total ban on abortion he'd suddenly be for that too.  He's a man who doesn't read, doesn't listen, and thinks his way is the only way.

Obama was the opposite.

http://time.com/3816952/obama-gay-lesbian-transgender-lgbt-rights/

He listened and reflected.  Heck, he wrote about it.  He was elected while still not embracing it.  

Although *if* you read the link above you can see he still supported civil-unions and was a supporter of the community.

Trump is no Obama.  Trump isn't a "thinking" "reflecting" man.  He's a gut guy who just talks off the top of his head and thinks he's brilliant.

That doesn't mean Trump couldn't change.  Just that given his lack of real moral clarity makes me doubt he really cares all that much about it.

And to cite his "rational stance" at all is laughable as it will change with the winds of the election.

Actually think DJT is doing anything "rational" is kind of a joke.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alabama Court Awards Fetus the Right to Sue - GMDino - 05-20-2019, 02:10 PM